Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Finally Spring!

Hello There, It has been too long. I honestly don't know where the last four months have gone! I've definitely had a rollercoaster of a year! In late January, I hurt my back again. Freshman year of college, I hurt my back, but the pain subsided after what felt like forever (2 months or so). That was painful then! I never wanted that pain again of course, but I surely found a way to bring it back. I was at the dance studio and did a move just right to accidentally bring the pain back with a vengance. It took 2 meetings and 12 appointments with the chiropractor to fix it! Turns out that when they took x-rays as a freshman at the hospital, they missed the fact my bottom 6 vertebrae weren't aligned with the rest of my vertebrae! So because of this, my pelvis has been sitting uneven for 6 years. This also could explain why when I was swimming that one leg lagged behind the other while kicking. But yay for having it fixed! Not dancing for those two months and not doing my whole work on my own was very tough! After being fixed up, I ended up getting the flu really bad. I always try to stay at work to work through it, but I couldn't do it. The smell of the barns were too much, and I went home to get better. I will say that living by myself with a pup and being sick is hard! Oh and after all of this my computer hard drive crashed. ha. Enough of the downs.. I have had some ups too! The biggest up is I began dating my best guy friend! :D His name is Paul, and he is amazing. It's awesome that he knows the good and the bad and still treats me like a princess. I'm in love! Another up is that I began working with black rhinos in addition to the giraffes and hoofstock. They are so cool! Their names are Jubba and Imara. We are hoping they breed this year since their last baby was transported to Des Moines last fall. It's time for him to be with his girlfriend, so they can make babies soon. Another up is that I got to see B.B. King and JOHNNY LANG!!!! with my parents this year. OMG AMAZING!!! I actually got to meet B.B.'s drummer, which was really cool. I convinced him to try Kinky and Lemonade at the bar after the show. haha My parents and I went to the bar, and he was there. Johnny Lang was incredible. I have been listening to him for most of my life. He is from Fargo and an amazing performer! I went home last "weekend," tues/wed, and was so lucky to see Amelia. I picked her up from school and surprised her. She yelled, "NESSA!!!" and ran and jumped into my arms. Not gonna lie, that was so cool to have her be so excited to see me :) I'm sure there are so many more things I could say that just aren't coming to mind right now. I am doing great, honestly. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment