Friday, November 5, 2010

Week 5 Fall Fling Time!

Hello Everyone~
Ya know the whole "make the most of it" idea? I am living it to the fullest here in NOLA :) Tonight was the Fall Fling for volunteers, to which the whole Husbandry Dept. was invited. Jamie, John, Dee, Sarah and Eleanor and I all went to, and it was an absolute blast!! I got paid $6 to start the electric slide. No one was dancing! what was I to do? haha but dance! it was a blast. Once again, I got recognized as "the 40-hour intern" and got free drink tickets because of it. As it turns out, interns here only work 1-2 days a week. I also had one of the volunteers come up to me and ask me to dance. This man had to be in his 70's and danced jitterbug-ish/two-step. after we danced, which he giggled the whole way through, he gave me a debloom!! it says "Cajun Dancer" on it. If you've ever been to Mardi Gras, the deblooms are the coins the krewes throw. So that was tonight in a nutshell :) Lots of drunk people and a lot of fun haha
Work this week has been good. I have gotten to do quite a few more things with the animals! I can do directionals now, which means I point to where I want them to go and tell them to "go" or "come." I also get to tell them to grab a toy. It's so much fun! Yesterday, Jamie, Noel and I went to the AAC,the audubon stranding center. They have 35 turtles still there from the oil spill, 2 bottlenose dolphins, and about 6 nurse sharks. It's just angering to see all of these animals affected, and this is after they released 32 turtles a couple of weeks ago. I know that dolphins are 150% what I'd like to work with. It was a dream to even see a wild dolphin!!!! But the best part was I got to throw one of them some fish! It was aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! My ultimate dream is to see a dolphin in the wild though! That's next :) Well Noel is gone for the weekend, so it's my time to get things done!
p.s. my new addiction are beignets haha mmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Ack! I tried to write a comment but it failed! Anywho, looove your blog, Nessa! Miss your face :)

    -Karly

    ReplyDelete