Saturday, December 11, 2010

Are we sure it's December? Only one week left?!

Hello All!
Can't believe for the life of me that it's already December eleventh! Where has the time gone? As of 3pm today, I have been on my last weekend here. No worries I am making the most of it and headed to the Audubon Zoo tomorrow! And Monday hopefully I will make it to insectarium. Well since I last wrote, not too much has happened lol I have been really focusing on job apps like I have been the whole time here. I have a couple of nibbles, so let us hope and pray. I have changed my resume and cover letter so many times something HAS to work! But anyways... Work here is going very well! I have gotten to touch Emma and Buck's paws! I will surely miss them terribly. Emma's birthday is this tuesday on December, 14! She will be 13! no worries, in captivity, sea otters grow to be in their 20's. Well for her birthday celebration, I made two awesome ice cakes for her :) I put one together that was a "Castle by the Sea" theme. I had a castle with towers topped with flower ice cubes with crab claws coming out of them. This castle sat on a sunflower to look like cliffs and the sea was orange with fish ice cubes and normal ice cubes for coral reefs :D I'm really proud of it! Each item (except the small ice cubes) had clam feet or crab claws frozen in them and dyed different colors using food coloring. My second cake was a purple car driving on grass along a river. It had a flower for luggage and rubber ducky ice cubes on the river and under the bridge. The cake was also decorated with palm trees, shirts, flip flops, and sun ice cubes. I'm proud of this one too! It's to symbolize Emma and her travels with Buck to Monterey Bay Aq during Hurricane Katrina. Each cake has two main layers before the decorations I just described. Today she got the castle cake for her first day of celebration. It took her about 2 seconds to pull the castle cake into the water. She will get the car cake tomorrow. There's video of me explaining each cake that was posted on my facebook wall that I videotaped for the aquarium. Can't believe only 5 more work days here. Everyone has been so amazingly nice and appreciative. I am going to miss everyone so much!! Not to mention Buck and Emma!!! I get attached so easily; it just gets harder and harder to leave places. I calculated it and this is my 4th or 5th place I have lived this year. I am looking forward to going home since I miss my family dearly. I have seen them on webcam, but I bet Vinnie is so big by now! I am excited. And I'm sure after Christmas sadness will set in. Hope they don't forget me :/
As far as everything else...Thursday night was more than interesting! It was 80's night at One-Eyed Jacks :D they even had dancers on the stage dancing very seriously haha They were all decked out in 80's gear and each had about 4 moves total haha Sarah and Dee were on a mission to make Friday hard for me if you get what I am sayin. They succeeded. It was rough, but I did it. I hungout with Sarah last night, and we saw Social Network at a small, cute theatre on Prytania. It was a ton of fun! So enjoying my last bit here :) Hope you are enjoying winter so far!
V

No comments:

Post a Comment