Monday, December 13, 2010

My last NOLA weekend

"I haven't a clue how my story will end, but that's all right. When you set out on a journey and night covers the road, that's when you discover the stars."
~Nancy Willard~

This weekend was a great weekend. Yesterday, Mary and I went to the Audubon Zoo! It had been 5 years since I had been there last. As they say here, that was "before Katrina." They only have 2 forms of time, "Before Katrina" and "After Katrina." The zoo was beautiful and empty, because it was chilly out. Afterwards, we went and had the best burger in NOLA at the Harbor restaurant. Even got a chai tea down here, no worries wasn't as good as Babb's in Fargo.
Today, I stayed home since I had an interview. And I have another one on Wednesday! It's too bad that they are across the country from one another. I wish I had an inkling of how things will turn out. If I don't get either of those, I will keep applying while working.
The motto above comes to mind each time I get ready to move. And now that it gets closer, I keep reminding myself that with each move the more I gain.
As much as I hate leaving, I am looking forward to seeing my family. I had to start packing today.........
Well better get back to applying!

No comments:

Post a Comment